Resin Transfer Molding (RTM) is a processes where continuous filament reinforcements are placed into an closed mold and resin is pumped into the mold cavity.
Vacuum Infusion is a process where continuous filament reinforcements are placed into an open mold and covered by a flexible material. Resin is then pulled into the mold at lower than atmospheric pressure with the assistance of a vacuum at one end to eliminate voids, air entrapment, and excess resin build up.
Features & Benefits:
- Provides an ideal resin surface content
- Used as flow media, reduces injection time
- Improved structural performance
- Maintains mat-wash resistance
Products applicable to this market:
- CFM M8610, M8635, M8635D1, M8635D2
- Surmat® (10 mil – 40 mil)
- Conformat N758, N758XS, N786, N863