Our manufacturing facility in Huntingdon, Pennsylvania, has produced fiberglass reinforcements for more than 70 years. Originally built in 1917 as a silk mill, the plant switched to fiberglass production in the 1940s when Owens Corning and the U.S. government partnered to manufacture materials for World War II.
After the war, Owens Corning added the factory to its composites business, expanding production to continuous filament mat (CFM) in 1962. Owens Corning, and later its AGY joint venture with Porcher Industries of France, operated the Huntingdon manufacturing facility until Huntingdon Fiberglass Products took ownership in 2013.
Since the merger in 2016, Huntingdon Fiberglass Products (now Superior Huntingdon Composites, LLC) proudly continues to produce high-quality CFM, conductive roving and wound products. These innovative products are manufactured in central Pennsylvania for customers all around the world.